Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rhyme or Reason

I've been experiencing some interesting feelings and happenings lately. Apparently, things I do or say has an effect on somebody's day or week or month. It's a strange concept for me to take seriously, even though, there have been times when other people had an effect on my day. Even then, however, there is always something hiding underneath all of it. Something in the core of me that has been triggered by that person's words or actions, but I don't think I can honestly say that my day was made better or worse by one person. And yet, somehow, I manage to have an influence over other people, I manage to make them feel better or worse, and not just for a day, but for a while. How can that be? I am a person who is only invested in myself, committed to myself, so how did I get here? There are many people I care about, but I am only committed to bettering my life right now. School, work, art and writing. So how can I be such an influence on anyone? And is there a way of NOT feeling responsible? I can't think of a way. No Rhyme. No Reason.

No comments: