Monday, August 4, 2008

Foot Imprisonment

It does not feel like I've been away from work for 5 days, it feels like a regular weekend. Either that is a sign that I did not have enough time off, or I was not as exhausted as I originally thought. Either way, I'm here and for the first time in a week have shoes and socks on...ugh, I'm dying! I absolutely hate wearing shoes and socks. I feel like my feet are imprisoned by cotton walls and leather bars. Shoes...feet prisons.

I feel like somehow turning 30 changed me, I was reading ChuckD's blog and he quoted Earnest Hemingway I think, something about how with age comes the lack of excitement toward much of anything...I wonder if that is what's going on? I rescheduled my birthday party, and although I am looking forward to it, I am not all giddy about it, like I was a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I'm just tired, I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked to, however, it could be that I have grown up and out of being a silly, excitable 20-something.

I am going to visit my grandma this weekend, should be a nice 95 degrees in the Yakima valley...fun times! I'll take some pics and post them so you can see just how beautiful the Yakima valley is...

Until then, back to work.

No comments: