Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ravenous Spinster vs. Hopeless Romantic

I am having a wants vs. needs dilemma. I feel like I want companionship, but I need my space. I want a connection with someone, but I do not need to the constant questioning of myself or someone else. So what does this mean? Does it mean that I want to be dating, or that I don't. Do I want a relationship or don't I?

The spinster inside me is trying so hard to break free of this longing for love thing, and yet the romantic is fighting her. Both of them want the physical benefits, but for different reasons. The spinster wants the passion and the ravenous sex, and the romantic wants the "making love", and it is difficult for me to think that they will find a happy medium.

Oh good lord. I'm so confused and I haven't even gone on a date yet. I have met a couple of nice guys, and the romantic in me sees walks in the parks, and nice dinners, and movie nights. Then the ravenous spinster in me fantasizes about attacking delivery and maintenance men. I feel like I'm Samantha AND Charlotte from SATC at the same time, and guess what? I don't think they are compatible.

What to do, what to do? If anyone reads this, have any suggestions?

No comments: