Monday, December 14, 2009

Animal Magnetism


Once I came across a puppy being walked by his owner...I was so consumed with the need to visit with the puppy that I never even looked at the owner. I couldn't tell you what he looked like, but the puppy was a bulldog mix of some sort. When I go into a resident's apartment, and they have a pet, I immediately am looking for the animal, and not paying full attention to the resident. I always get the job done, but I also make a new friend of their pet. Cats, dogs, whatever, the animal always is drawn to me just like I am to them. As I sit here, nursing my cat wounds that I got from trying to help a stray, I really want to hear from the Emergency Vet I applied to. I know I could be good at that. And maybe, just maybe, I could meet someone who is just as passionate about their animals as I am. And maybe I could find companionship beyond my own cats. I hope they call. This is something that has to happen soon, I have to get the ball rolling if I'm going to make it to Africa. And look how happy I am when I'm with the animals! It's just meant to be.

No comments: