Monday, December 14, 2009

Groundhog Day

Life here at the retirement community, as it were, is like the movie Groundhog Day. The same things happen daily, the same comments, the same stories, everything the same and it is wearing on me. I find myself trying to tune things out more and more and it makes me feel guilty because I genuinely care about the health and happiness, however, if I have to listen to these stories for much longer, my head will explode. I'm so tired. I applied to an Emergency Vet Clinic today, with a cover letter telling them about my plans for Africa and how I need the experience to help me with my future career. And truly, I DO need the experience. I do not have time to volunteer right now and can't afford it if I did. It's a part time position, so I have made it clear that I have to make at least $15 an hour in order to live. I hope I get a call back before I drive my car off a cliff.

No comments: