Saturday, April 3, 2010

Intentions

My intentions for my life are not noble or brave. I simply want to do something significant with my time on earth. Not for the sake of recognition or praise, but for the sake of feeling like I've done something selfless. I WILL go to Africa, I WILL fight the poachers who kill protected animals for the sake of medicine and food. I WILL dedicate my life to something I believe in. It will not be profitable, it will not be safe, and I would be happy to die while doing what I know to be the right thing to do. I am not made for marriage and children. I am not made to own real estate. I do what I do, because I want to help those that cannot help themselves. We were lucky enough to be allowed to inhabit the earth, and yet we continue to destroy it and everything else that lives with us. I am not sure that God exists. I have no idea if what I believe is true. But I will do what I have to do anyway. Because I truly believe that there is a greater purpose for me being here. I have to believe it. The time has come to stop worrying about things like love and vanity. It's time to start my task. It begins now.

No comments: