Friday, March 12, 2010

Beware the Hormones

So for a while, I took this diet pill called Xylestril, which is formulated for women, in order to make losing the stomach fat easier and also is supposed to help control PMS. The problem there is that I no longer have PMS! I take birth control continuously without any 7-day breaks, which means I no longer have a period. Anyone who knew me when I did, knows damn well that this is a GREAT thing. However, because I no longer have those particular hormones flowing through my body, the Xylestril caused a reverse reaction, and actually caused PMS symptoms. All day today, I have been crampy, pissy and at one point, almost cried when a coworker asked me to move my car because it was really inconvenient...yea, I almost cried, then brooded over it all the way home, coming up with different scenarios where I could tell him that he was causing ME inconvenience! "This feels familiar" I thought..."Why am I so upset?"...I wondered. Finally, it occurred to me that I hadn't taken these pills in a long time, and all of a sudden, my body was getting an overload of hormones! FUCK! No FUCKING wonder! No more. I would rather gain 100 pounds than ever be this hormonal ever again. Some of you readers know exactly what I'm talking about...the crying...the hot fudge sundaes, the irrational hair cutting! Fuck that. No more hormones, thanks.

1 comment:

Megan said...

At least you figured it out!!