Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Literally Laughing Out Loud!

I have a coworker that makes me want to shoot myself in the head. He has the strangest and most annoying accent I have ever heard. Keep in mind, I work with many people, from many different countries, I have learned to understand people with thick accents, but this guy is different. His accent is a mixture of Chinese, (which he is) and Swedish. No joke. And he talks really fast, so over a walkie talkie, it is close to impossible to know what the hell he is saying. The weird accent aside, he is just a strange person...and a bad caregiver. Lucky for the residents, they cannot understand him when he is calling them names. Anyhoo...today he was working the swing shift in the other building, and come 8pm, I take over answering phones, and our pharmaceutical company came by with a delivery, as with every night. He calls me, I call a caregiver to go sign for it, done. Simple. So I go through the motions and this particular coworker is in charge of meds tonight. 15 minutes pass, and I get another call from the pharmacy guy, yelling at me because of no one coming to sign...then at the very same time, I have the Swedish chef on the walkie talkie yelling at me to answer him...I tried, but turns out my walkie didn't call out. So when my head began to swell due to the yelling in both ears, I told the pharmacy guy I was coming over. I got there and he said "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with that old Chinese guy? Is he fucking retarded??!!" (Also keep in mind that the delivery guy is also Asian, therefore, he is not being racist.) "He came to the door and was giving me excuses about why he couldn't sign for the meds, and then he left!" I sighed deeply, trying to regain my zen, and called the caregiver again to tell him to sign for the meds. So the caregiver calls me on the main phone, to tell me that the pharmacy guy used the "F" word at him twice and that is why he walked away, and that he will come and sign when he is not so busy. So I told the pharmacy guy that it was his call as to whether he would stay and wait or leave, and then the caregiver came walking toward the front desk, and the pharmacy guy spotted him...the caregiver tried to turn around and the pharmacy guy yells "HEY! COME HERE AND SIGN FOR THESE MEDS!" and I walked out the door and went to find peace in my own building...as I was walking off, the pharmacy guy yelled goodbye to me with the meds still in his hands and the caregiver was standing at the door yelling "HE SAID THE 'F' WORD AT ME TWICE!!!" over and over again until the door closing drowned out the noise. So no meds tonight, but on my way home, I kept replaying it over and over in my head and suddenly I burst into out loud laughter in my car...I couldn't stop it...it just kept coming, laughing and thinking that I have been holding back all the things that the pharmacy guy said to this particular caregiver...in fact I say similar things inside my head every time I have to deal with him. LOL! LOL! LOL! I'm still giggling.

Then I went to walk Sassy...a Chow Chow who is awesome. She doesn't yell at me, she doesn't mind that I say the "F" word, nope...all she needs is a nice brisk walk around the building...I think I should win the lottery so I can dog walk all the time, instead of doing this job...maybe keep it one or two days a week but not full time. So now my cats and Stella Artois keep me company.

Is it really only Tuesday? FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK. Cheers!

No comments: