Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Don't Have the Hands for Popcorn!


It's true. Most people can pick up a bunch of popcorn, then use their tongues to put pieces into their mouths...not me! I can only pick up one piece at a time, and then very carefully, put the piece of popcorn into my mouth, and hold my hand there until my mouth closes, or else the popcorn will jump out of my mouth and land on the floor. When I go to dump a bag of popcorn into a bowl...escapees are jumping out at every angle...onto the floor. I'm not sure why the popcorn thinks the floor is a safer place than my mouth, but popcorn has no desire to go into my mouth. If I even attempt to pick up a handful of popcorn, all but one piece will land on the floor, the last will start in my mouth, then jump into my cleavage or onto the floor. I don't know why. Maybe I don't flatter the popcorn as much as I should...after all, I'm not a huge fan of popcorn, and for 15 years I was allergic to it. So maybe if I sweet talk the popcorn, it will stop trying to escape. Or maybe, I just don't have the hands for popcorn.

No comments: