Sunday, March 21, 2010

Universal HELLth Care!?

It was satisfying when Barack Obama was elected president. I worked for him as a precinct captain during the Washington Caucus, and believed in him throughout the election process. It was exciting hearing the announcement "Barack Obama is the next president of the United States." It was satisfying because at the time of the caucus, my then BF said "It will never happen...I mean, you can do all you want, but a black guy will NEVER get elected president!" HA! HA-HA! Today it is satisfying that congress and the house FINALLY got this Health care bill taken care of...or started. Imagine the day when you have blood in your stool and don't question whether or not to go get it checked...ok you may not want to because of the colonoscopy process, (which isn't THAT bad btw.) but you won't hesitate because of you cannot pay for it. I might actually be able to get my bum knee replaced now that it can't be deemed a preexisting condition! It's exciting. I look forward to the next elections. I look forward to my nieces and nephews always being covered regardless of their asthma or mental health. It makes me feel better, it will help everyone to sleep better. And eventually, those nay-saying republicans will see that this is NOT an evil, government plot. It's awesome. Good job Mr. President!

No comments: