Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Old Men are Easier

No, it's not what you think...I mean to say that when I'm around men my own age, at work or at the grocery store or wherever, I never make eye contact and if for some reason I do, I fake a smile and keep moving. I'm not saying I'm the hottest girl around, I'm not, however, I seem to give off some kind of energy and I try like hell to avoid it. At work, however, the men are easy to be around. I can make eye contact and joke around with them, and it never feels like I'm flirting...I'm more confident in myself...my brain takes charge. I converse with them and I know they respect the things I say and do not see me as a "woman" but as a cool receptionist. Their mother hen. It's awesome. Only a few men I know talk to me like I'm an equal, rather than another girl...(you know who you are)...the rest throw sexual innuendo at me, hoping to get me interested in them as more than just a friend. That sort of thing cannot be forced...no matter how much they tempt my inner animal, I am incredibly resistant and will not cave, if for no other reason than to prove something. Old men around here are fun, funny, intelligent and TOTALLY outside the realm of "attraction" for me. It's awesome. I'm happy and lucky to have that.

No comments: