Thursday, March 18, 2010

Haircuts

I have always cut my own hair...for one thing, I don't trust anyone else to do it. For another, I find it to be therapeutic. Like I can cut parts of me away with each snip. Whenever I've had some revelation or another, I always cut my hair...sometimes it is a bad thing and I go too far because I don't have enough hair to cut without looking stupid in the end. Then sometimes I am meticulous and make it look really cute. I really need a haircut now. I feel like things are heavy, and are making me sluggish. It needs to be trimmed so I can revitalize myself. I'm 31 for pete's sake and I feel like I'm 60. (I'm assuming that this is how it feels to be 60, of course.) There is nothing like cutting the first piece of hair off. It makes me a little nervous, but totally satisfied. It grows back after all. It's the closest I can get to shedding my own skin. Sometimes I just have to get rid of some of me. Yes, I shall get some Stella and have a haircut.

No comments: