Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Serenity Gone?


I spent about 36 hours in Moclips, WA over the weekend...and in that time, I didn't have a care in the world...seriously, nothing. I walked on the beach, gazed at the stars, had beer with my friend and snuggled with her dog. It was like the whole world just disappeared. It was lovely, in every way...until, that is, I got home. At that moment, the world decided to take a jab at me from every direction! Suddenly, all the sleep I was deprived of caught up to me. I was so tired. I put my dog hair covered blankets in the washing machine, and then took a shower. When I got out of the shower and BAM! My blankets had broken the washing machine! My sopping wet blankets, now had to be taken to a laundromat! A LAUNDROMAT! The simple thought of taking my beloved bedding to a public laundry room made me queasy. I lost my cool. I cried. I panicked. My mom and I went to the laundromat, which was new, and smelled like Tide, and I had the brilliant idea to just wash my blankets to get the soap and bleach out, then take them home to dry them. Brilliant! My panic melted away. It was going to be OK. However, there is still the bag of clothes that need to be washed...Hmm? It's fine, I can do that later. What now? A text message telling me to go check a friend's FB status. Dear lord, it's not good. She is dating a sociopath and we must stop him. On and on it went, it comes with friendship, it's fine. But the worry, the stomach pain, the swimming, awful thoughts, the brooding! It never ends. I think I should take another day off. Just one more day to rest. A phone call...so tired...yes, another day. Finally, sleep, and more sleep, and more sleep. Approximately 15 hours of sleep.
Now, I feel thankful for the 36 hours of peace, serenity, calm. But now back to work. Back to reality, the fast life. Did life just sit here waiting for me to return? Or was it just that nothing significant happened during my time off, and now that I'm back, it has returned as well? Why shouldn't I still feel serene? I kind of do. I did get a lot of rest, I don't feel stressed, my eye cream is working again. Ok, just feel thankful for the time I got. That is my plan. Yes, that should work. Positive thinking, I shall not brood over things I cannot control. Who am I kidding anyway?

2 comments:

Megan said...

There is much dog hair in my world, and 36 hours is a lot of time for it to transfer to blankies...I bet it was the weight of Tank's hair that broke your machine! It just refused!

I'm glad your eye cream is working again. Also, glad we're friends. Love you.

Meg

AR said...

Thank you for coming with me. We have succeeded in creating a new memory of Moclips...the ex is officially out of that mental picture! Love you too.